Old 03-03-2003, 07:39 AM
Cowboy

Default Leave continue to Yellow on my Ivies? Help

I'm thinking of repotting them in fresh soil and see if thatl will help
them. Advise please, is that a good move?

Cowboy

Old 03-03-2003, 07:51 AM
jammer

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 07:29:26 GMT, "Cowboy" wrote:

I'm thinking of repotting them in fresh soil and see if thatl will help
them. Advise please, is that a good move?

Cowboy

http://www.ivy.org/care.html

Caring for ivy
Ivies are highly adaptable and as houseplants have very minimal
care requirements. Plant them in ordinary soilless potting mix, and
add some extra perlite to ensure good drainage.
Water the plants only when the mix is dry to the touch, and spritz
the leaves frequently with water to fend off spider mites -- one of
the few pests that plague ivy.
Feed your ivy sparingly. A good general guideline is to give the
plant a once-a-month feeding of water-soluble liquid food during the
winter and feed it biweekly throughout the rest of the year.
But this is not a hard-and-fast rule: Your plant will show signs to
tell you what it needs. If its colors look pale, its leaves lose their
crispness and its growth begins to weaken, it probably needs to be
fed.
Periodic light pruning will increase branching and control ivy's
growth. You can prune in late winter (before growth), and then again
in midsummer (after growth), or you can simply use your judgment,
pinching the plant back whenever it seems to be losing its shape.
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 03-03-2003, 10:27 PM
jammer

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 07:53:17 GMT, "Cowboy" wrote:

Can I take them out of the soil and but them back in water without shocking
them?

Cowboy

I am not sure. I might try it and if they werent looking good, i would
put back in soil.
jammer