Old 01-07-2003, 01:44 PM
animaux

Default what is this plant?

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 09:16:57 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

And here was I thinking that animaux was a true admirer of The Towering
Intellect. Oooh that such wickedness could be!

David

What are you dragging me into? Cereoid has done nothing to me. I do like him.
Ive heard certain things from here or there which may be true (reliable source),
but I have no problem with him. If that makes me wicked, oh well. I've been
called worse.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:08 PM
Julie Sloan

Sorry, man; judging by one or two of your posts I thought you were a
sock puppet. Now I realize you're not. My bad.

Julie

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:43:46 GMT, animaux typed
these words:

wrote:

And here was I thinking that animaux was a true admirer of The Towering
Intellect. Oooh that such wickedness could be!

David

What are you dragging me into? Cereoid has done nothing to me. I do like him.
Ive heard certain things from here or there which may be true (reliable source),
but I have no problem with him. If that makes me wicked, oh well. I've been
called worse.

http://www.bobsloansampler.com/

Bearskin to Holly Fork: Stories from Appalachia
by Bob Sloan ISBN: 1-893239-21-7
Old 01-07-2003, 11:56 PM
des-weges

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:56:00 -0400, Julie Sloan
wrote:

sock puppet

A what?

"As crude a weapon as a cave man's club the chemical barrage has been hurled at the fabric of life."
Rachel Carson

Old 02-07-2003, 12:08 AM
des-weges

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:56:18 -0700, des-weges
wrote:

sock puppet

A what?

wow another usenet phrase!

sock puppet
sock puppet n. [Usenet: from the act of placing a sock over
your hand and talking to it and pretending it's talking back] In
Usenet parlance, a pseudo through which the puppeteer posts follow-ups
to their own original message to give the appearance that a number of
people support the views held in the original message.

Old 02-07-2003, 04:44 AM
Julie Sloan

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:04:46 -0700, des-weges
typed these words:

wrote:

sock puppet

A what?

wow another usenet phrase!

sock puppet
sock puppet n. [Usenet: from the act of placing a sock over
your hand and talking to it and pretending it's talking back] In
Usenet parlance, a pseudo through which the puppeteer posts follow-ups
to their own original message to give the appearance that a number of
people support the views held in the original message.

Hey, thanks, d-w! Much better than any explanation I could have
dredged up.

Old 02-07-2003, 02:44 PM
animaux

wrote:

sock puppet

A what?

wow another usenet phrase!

sock puppet
sock puppet n. [Usenet: from the act of placing a sock over
your hand and talking to it and pretending it's talking back] In
Usenet parlance, a pseudo through which the puppeteer posts follow-ups
to their own original message to give the appearance that a number of
people support the views held in the original message.
"As crude a weapon as a cave man's club the chemical barrage has been hurled at the fabric of life."
Rachel Carson

Sock puppet huh? Well, I suppose there could be mental cases out there who do
that, but I really don't need any fabricated support. I actually have plenty.