Old 02-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Frank Solis

Default Varmit Repeler

Installed an Animal-Away device in one garden. It uses passive
infra-red to detect motion then emits a 25kHz sound to chase varmits.
Watched it for a week and saw several squirrels and two rabbits approach
the protected zone (70 degrees and 30 feet) and quickly scurry away. I
am tempted to buy an additional one for my lily garden but would like
some input from you experts that have used such devices in the past.

--Frank Solis

Old 02-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Valkyrie

"Frank Solis" wrote in message
Installed an Animal-Away device in one garden. It uses passive
infra-red to detect motion then emits a 25kHz sound to chase varmits.
Watched it for a week and saw several squirrels and two rabbits approach
the protected zone (70 degrees and 30 feet) and quickly scurry away. I
am tempted to buy an additional one for my lily garden but would like
some input from you experts that have used such devices in the past.

--Frank Solis

I'd say use it for this year and watch the long term results in your garden.
If it's still effective by spring of next year buy a dozen of them!!

Val