Old 05-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Quantum Cat

Default Sanseveraia (snake plant) and new growth

Hello,

I have planted a Sansevaria cutting and it has rooted. Does new growth
emerge from underneath the soil? This is my frist time growing this plant
and I'd like to eventually have it fill the pot with its leaves. Is this
something it will do on its own, or do I have to encourage somehow it or
make new cuttings?

Thanks,
Matt

Old 06-07-2003, 12:56 AM
Phisherman

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 22:23:15 GMT, "Quantum Cat"
wrote:

Hello,

I have planted a Sansevaria cutting and it has rooted. Does new growth
emerge from underneath the soil? This is my frist time growing this plant
and I'd like to eventually have it fill the pot with its leaves. Is this
something it will do on its own, or do I have to encourage somehow it or
make new cuttings?

Thanks,
Matt

They grow slowly. New growth will appear from the root--almost like a
rhyzome. If your cutting has a gold edge, the new plant will lose
this gold edge. They like sandy soil with sharp drainage. Do not
overwater, especially in winter. Wipe any dust from leaves every so
often. They will grow better in high light.