Old 10-07-2003, 04:56 AM
Chris H.

Default Medic!

Hi all,

I have a bird of paradise plant that, when moved, had two of its stems
crunched. The actual leaves hadn't hadn't unfurled yet (not sure if
it makes a difference). I was hoping that there was a way to take
those two basically severed stems, cut 'em, and grow new plants from
them.

Is it possible?

I had started a couple of Ti leaf plants by having them sit in a dish
of water for a couple weeks until roots sprouted, then I transferred
them to a pot with suitable soil. Is there some kind of equivalent
for my unfortunate stems?

Right now one of them is in some water and the other remains connected
to the plant (though it surely isn't getting much nutrition anymore).

What shall I do? Brace for the worst?!

Medic!!!

Chris
Old 10-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

You can't propagate Strelitzia that way.

http://www.actahort.org/books/226/226_76.htm

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/...7/astlizia.htm

Brace for the wurst!! You may already be a wiener!!! Roll with the
paunches!!!

Take two placebos and call us in the morning.

om...

Old 10-07-2003, 10:33 PM
Chris H.

Drat!

Thanks for the info! (well that first link was over my head, but I
think the placebos helped me understand the gist of it)

Maybe I'll throw 'em in the blender and make a smoothie or
something...