Old 11-07-2003, 04:33 AM
Sharon

Default Snail Vine

Has anyone had any experience growing snail vine? How well do they do in
Arizona and do they need a trellis or will they cling to a wall?

Sharon

Old 11-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

I have one. I'm in zone 9 during the summer (we get 105°F days fairly
often), zone 8b winter ( do protect it with mulch during the winter). Mine
is 3 years old and did poorly where it received 4-5 hours of sun. I moved
it this spring to full sun and wow! has it taken off. I have it planted at
the base of an arbor and it goes up a string. It's 9 ft tall and growing
(just putting out it's first bloom!). I keep it fairly moist and put tons
of horse manure in the planting hole.

HTH,
--
Wendy* in N. California,

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be
happy, practice compassion." Dalai Lama

Old 11-07-2003, 10:20 PM
Sharon

Thanks for the reply. I plan to put it in a spot that gets full sun all
day so that should work.

Sharon

"Sharon" wrote in message
Has anyone had any experience growing snail vine? How well do they do in
Arizona and do they need a trellis or will they cling to a wall?

Sharon

[IMG] code is On

Snail Vine Sharon Gardening 1 08-02-2005 06:15 AM
Hummingbird Vine=Trumpet Vine? Suzie-Q Gardening 3 16-01-2005 12:05 AM
FW Planted tank snail control. coigula Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 16-11-2003 09:02 PM
slug and snail control Snooze Gardening 16 05-03-2003 12:51 PM
slug and snail control Snooze Roses 21 04-03-2003 07:53 PM