Old 14-07-2003, 02:52 AM
Jeff Hancock

Default Summer Phlox

My summer phlox has done nothing since planting in early June from 1 gallon
container. No growth, no death, no blossoms, no wilting, nothing. Any
ideas? Too hot? Too wet? Soil too rich? Needs a few years to establish?

Jeff
Hampton Roads, Virginia
Coastal Plains, Zone 8

Old 14-07-2003, 08:12 AM
gregpresley

My guess would be the last - needs one year to establish - you'll probably
have blossoms next year. They like a LOT of sun. You had a very cloudy June,
I understand - so maybe they are not liking that either.

Old 15-07-2003, 01:22 PM
GIJane

Phlox is a perennial. Mine did nothing the first year also. The 2nd year,
two of the three patches were absolutely gorgeous and much bigger than
expected. Just water it as necessary this year, trim in early spring and
watch it for next year. Good luck.

"Jeff Hancock" wrote in message
My summer phlox has done nothing since planting in early June from 1

gallon
container. No growth, no death, no blossoms, no wilting, nothing. Any
ideas? Too hot? Too wet? Soil too rich? Needs a few years to

establish?

Jeff
Hampton Roads, Virginia
Coastal Plains, Zone 8

[IMG] code is On

my Summer Phlox Mr.X Garden Photos 0 06-07-2009 03:36 AM
blistery summer and the Phlox is blooming!? madgardener Garden Photos 0 05-07-2007 04:23 PM
spines and summer surprises, summer regulars and total garden MADNESS again........... madgardener Gardening 4 10-07-2003 03:20 AM
????Why won't Phlox bloom???? TOM KAN PA Gardening 9 30-05-2003 04:08 PM
Fragrant Phlox... Chris S. Gardening 4 29-05-2003 08:56 PM