Old 17-07-2003, 12:43 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Plants - from gold mining profits

"David Hill" wrote in news:bf4g4c
:

What is the relevance of gold mining to Plant labels????????
I can see a gold mine would help to buy all the plants we would like to
have.

sorry, I should have modified the subject line earlier

here's an idea from NutGen:

self labeling tomato plants - as a tomato plant grows, the name and
cultivar gradually appears on the stem. Currently, the names are only
available in Italian, but English versions should be available 2Q 2005.

and here's a martha stewarty idea:

take a picture of a plant or pluck off a leaf
dry it in isopropyl alcohol (if using a leaf) or otherwise dessicate
write name on picture (if using picture)
laminate the sucker or intomb in polyurethane.
scratch name into polyurethane (if using leaf)
rub some native gold into the scratched name
add a couple more layers of poly for good measure
put outside next to plant
Old 18-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Deadend

Salty Thumb wrote in message ...
[...]

Huh. And I thought all the best nuts came from California. Go figure.

Regards,

Deadend

[IMG] code is On

13485 Mining the Web: eigenVectors, Kriging, Inverse DistanceWeighting Searches 13485 Web Science Gardening 0 16-11-2004 10:01 PM
[IBC] ANTS MINING SCALE ON MY GOLDEN LARCH Ben Griffin Bonsai 3 26-06-2004 09:04 PM
Mining the archives. lalu Ponds 2 25-05-2004 05:05 AM
Real Company And Profits With CGHI.OB cofxcl Dante Sookram Plant Biology 0 16-05-2004 04:11 AM
Netscan Data-mining Anne Lurie Ponds 5 06-08-2003 11:43 PM