Old 18-07-2003, 02:42 PM
LeeAnne

Default Invasive Vine ID (link to pix)

www.chewedtoast.com

First two pictures on the top of page one - any help is appreciated. This
sucker grows fast!

Thanks
LeeAnne

--
------
If you're an insomniac, agnostic, dyslexic do you lay

Old 18-07-2003, 02:52 PM
animaux

Here's a photo of the tan when it's fanned out:

http://www.hipark.austin.isd.tenet.e...opershawk.html

It can also be a cuckoo. They don't have bands under their tail, but a series
of dots, which are relatively symmetrical and the size is about twice that of a
blue jay...maybe one and a half times the size instead of twice.

Does this bird make a noise? Cuckoo's make a knocking sound, but no other bird
type squeaks.

Old 18-07-2003, 03:22 PM
LeeAnne

lol, I don't think I have Cuckoo's - I should have mentioned I'm about 20
miles north of Boston. Maybe it's a sharpie then and not a coop? It was
much larger than a jay, maybe more like crow sized. I always thought coop's
had three bands on their tails, hmmm

Thanks
LeeAnne

Old 18-07-2003, 03:32 PM
LeeAnne

PS - I think I heard 'him' make a couple of chirpy/squeaks. After looking
at www.enature.com (again) I'm pretty sure this is an immature cooper's.

Old 19-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

LeeAnne said:

www.chewedtoast.com

First two pictures on the top of page one - any help is appreciated. This
sucker grows fast!

Possibly Oriental bittersweet, an invasive weedy vine.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)