Old 03-02-2003, 05:19 AM
Cricket

Default Saw my first robin today :(

Perhaps tis a great sight, but perhaps tis a bad omen? Don't ask me, I'm an
econut who is very quick to claim that acid rain will make the sky fall.

--
Please see our website of gardening products at
http://www.southernexposure.com

Peace

Cricket

"Faye Lifford-Earle" wrote in message
Thought I was seeing things.......but no!!!...it was a robin all
right......sitting on some neighbours shrubs. Tis a great site, here in
NS
Ldymac

Betsy -0 wrote:

Yup. Here in Balmer, Marelun, where it's been below 32 for several

weeks
and below 20 for a good portion of that time, and only the last two days

has
been above freezing.

But it's sad because of where I saw it--which was my living room

floor.
Yup, the cats brought it in through the cat door and left it as a lovely
present for me. Then they tried to blame it on the dog (he's

outnumbered)
and I have to admit, the dog didn't look very innocent, nose covered

with
feathers & gore as it was. Yuk.

Now before you flame me I hasten to say my cats cannot leave their own

back
yard, so are not a threat to other gardens. And I love birds and all
animals great and small, and am grieving at the loss of this fellow (he

was
a BIG bird, too) as I vacuum up the many feathers strewn across my

living
room. Seems they had quite a romp while I was out today.

My question: what in the WORLD was a robin doing here in Baltimore at

this
time of year? Don't they migrate south for the winter?

May he rest in peace (sniff).