Old 06-03-2003, 12:27 AM
Tracey

Default Strawberry Pots Watering

Any suggestions?

Yeah, down the center of the pot, put either a piece of
garden hose that you've poked holes in or a piece of plastic
pipe with holes in it, or something similar, and water through
that. Something to let the water get into the middle/bottom
of the pot rathr than just run out the holes in the side and
never reach the middle/bottom

Tracey

Old 06-03-2003, 01:15 AM
samuel l crowe

I put a section of 1/2" pvc down the middle to which I had drilled some
small holes in, seems to work ok.

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC
"mary" wrote in message
I never feel as if I water strawberry pots very well. It seems as if when

water them the soil tends to flow out. I have the ones without a "lip" and
one with a "lip", but I feel like I am failing the pots when I water them.
The soil always seems so hard. Any suggestions?

Tom

Old 14-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Registered User

[quote=samuel l crowe]I put a section of 1/2" pvc down the middle to which I had drilled some
small holes in, seems to work ok. [QOUTE]

This gets mentioned quite a lot, what stops the water just pouring out the bottom of the pipe?