Old 24-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Munazzah

Default Toga Plum Tree problem

Hi ,
I live in Zone-5 and have a perfectly beautiful Toga Plum tree that
has been flourishing. There are more plums on it than leaves and they
are extremely sweet.

Recently, however, the tree has started to drop its fruit even before
they ripen. The plums look fine, except, they have tiny holes in
them, like a baby worm drilled its way in. I opened several fruits,
to see if there was anything inside, but I didn't find any worms. Has
anybody else experienced such a problem? I would greatly appreciate
any advice/suggestions that you might have. Thank you very much.
Hope you have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
Munazzah
Old 24-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Tracey

The plums look fine, except, they have tiny holes in
them, like a baby worm drilled its way in. I opened
several fruits, to see if there was anything inside,
but I didn't find any worms.

Maybe I've just been misled, but I remember being told
that, at least in the case of apples we were growing,
holes in the apples meant that a worm had *come out*.
So, which fruits did you open up? Those with holes in
them or without?

Tracey

Old 26-07-2003, 03:02 AM
Munazzah

Tracey wrote in message ...
Maybe I've just been misled, but I remember being told
that, at least in the case of apples we were growing,
holes in the apples meant that a worm had *come out*.
So, which fruits did you open up? Those with holes in
them or without?

Tracey

Umm .. I rechecked, and found no wormies in the unaffected fruits ..
Its been a nasty year in terms of weather anyhow, perhaps I will have
better plums next year .. take care .. M