Old 29-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Chris S.

Default Wilting Dogwood...

Hi All,

I have a mature dogwood tree whose leaves are wilting and curling. All
leaves on the tree are doing this. The lower leaves have black spots and
many are now turning a dark purple and falling off. There is no white
powdery stuff on the leaves. Any ideas on the culprit?

I live in zone 5. No drought conditions. In fact been getting quite a bit
of rain lately. No other shrubs, plants, or trees around have the
symptoms of the dogwood. Although, I do have a lilac nearby with some
yellowing, curling leaves. Also, seems like I remember the tree doing the
same thing last year. But, didn't really pay it much attention.

Any input is much appreciated.
-Chris Swartz
Old 29-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Marley1372

The symptoms you describe sound alot like dogwood anthracnose. A dead giveaway
is brown spots on the leaves with purple edges around them, and fungal spores
on the one and two year old branches.

Toad

[IMG] code is On

Dogwood Slime - Medium - Dogwood Slime - Med.JPG [01/27] Dogwood Slime - Medium - Dogwood Slime Salty Thumb Gardening 0 15-04-2004 02:32 AM
Dogwood Slime - Medium - Dogwood Slime - Med.JPG [01/27] Dogwood Slime - Medium - Dogwood Slime Janice Gardening 0 15-04-2004 01:02 AM
Dogwood Slime - Medium - Dogwood Slime - Med.JPG [01/27] Dogwood Slime - Medium - Dogwood Slime Lynne Gardening 0 14-04-2004 04:32 PM
Wilting Dogwood... Chris S. Gardening 1 05-08-2003 04:12 AM
[IBC] Wilting Maple Leaves Jim S Bonsai 7 21-04-2003 04:09 PM