Old 02-08-2003, 07:32 PM
beth

Default Hiring teens

I may need to hire some help for some heavy brush clearing, but I have no
idea what the going rate is. I am in the NorthEast (Boston) area and wonder
what folks would pay teens for this kind of back-intensive work.
Thanks in Advance!
Beth

Old 02-08-2003, 08:02 PM
SugarChile

Here in suburban, small town PA, teens get $7/hr. for bussing tables, filing
papers, and similar work. For heavy labor, I would expect to pay $9-11/hr.

Have you thought about the liability involved, should one of them get
injured? Your homeowner's insurance might not cover it; you might be
personally liable. I would hate to take a chance like that, in today's
litigious society.

Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

Old 02-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Fito

"SugarChile" wrote in message
Here in suburban, small town PA, teens get $7/hr. for bussing tables,

filing
papers, and similar work. For heavy labor, I would expect to pay

$9-11/hr.

Have you thought about the liability involved,

You have a good point here. It may just be cheaper and quicker to have it
done professionally.

Old 02-08-2003, 11:12 PM
David Hill

What is a teen?
Here in UK the minimum wage for a standard agricultural worker of :-
15 and under is £2.55 an hour($4.11)
18 and over the rate is £5.10 an hour ($8.22)

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 03-08-2003, 06:42 AM
jammer

$10hr.

Old 17-08-2003, 03:02 AM
Litl Fish

I agree with the post that suggested you're better off with professionals,
who should carry their own professional indemnity insurance. After
requesting a number of times that a teenage son of a friend wear the gloves
that I gave him, he was bitten by a spider. Luckily for me I live across the
road from a medical clinic owned by a family member and doctor. Also,
luckily the spider didn't cause some of the problems that they CAN cause (we
have some beauties in Australia).

Imagine watching a teenager clear your heavy brush with a
chainsaw............
Casey

"beth" wrote in message
I may need to hire some help for some heavy brush clearing, but I have no
idea what the going rate is. I am in the NorthEast (Boston) area and

wonder
what folks would pay teens for this kind of back-intensive work.
Thanks in Advance!
Beth

[IMG] code is On

easy ways for teens to make a lot of money brahimbb17 Gardening 0 24-12-2008 01:08 PM
Hiring lawn service tenplay Gardening 13 10-03-2006 03:32 AM
Teens and Abortion; Hand in Hand?: Is It the Answer? Michael Calwell Ponds 12 20-05-2005 02:00 AM