Old 07-08-2003, 04:12 AM
Shrek

Default Question about irrigation system valve box

Hi,
I noticed that after a good rain storm, the valve box of my irrigation system is
flooded. I would expect this since it sits at a low point in my backyard. My
irrigation company told me not to worry about this since all the components are
waterproof. I have my doubts that these components and wiring were designed
to be in standing water.

Old 07-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Beecrofter

Shrek wrote in message . ..
Hi,
I noticed that after a good rain storm, the valve box of my irrigation system is
flooded. I would expect this since it sits at a low point in my backyard. My
irrigation company told me not to worry about this since all the components are
waterproof. I have my doubts that these components and wiring were designed
to be in standing water.

If it was done well all the conectors are silicone filled and should
be fine as the water pressure of less than a foot of water is minimal.
Time will tell.