Old 08-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Linda Carr

Default pumpkins

We are gardening in zone 5, and have some pumpkins growing nicely in our
small garden. Our pumpkins are producing lots of flowers, and a few small
fruits. Would removing the blossoms help the fruit to ripen faster?

TIA
Dan

Old 08-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Chris Owens

No, that's dependant primarily on the weather. Removing
blossoms, however, will result in LARGER pumpkins, overall, since
the plant will be putting all it's effort into growing just a
few.

Chris Owens

Old 08-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Bill C.

If you enjoy fun obsession, or reeeallly really want to know about pumpkin
growing, I highly recommend www.bigpumpkins.com .

Bill C.

Old 09-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Peppergirl

Hi!
I'd say after the plant has several different pumpkins on it, pick off an
additional blossoms that appear. Also pick off the fuzzy tips of the vines
to focus all the plants energy into the pumpkins you already have.
Don't forget if you want a pumpkin with a perfect shape, roll it gently
every now and then to keep it from flattening out on one side or the bottom.
Be careful when you do this! Hope this helps??
peppergirl
Please check out my website. Click on below.

http://hotcuisine.esmartweb.com/
"Linda Carr" wrote in message
We are gardening in zone 5, and have some pumpkins growing nicely in our
small garden. Our pumpkins are producing lots of flowers, and a few small
fruits. Would removing the blossoms help the fruit to ripen faster?

TIA
Dan

[IMG] code is On

Pumpkins on a Slope? Do Deer Eat Pumpkins? (etc.) contrapositive Edible Gardening 3 23-04-2004 04:04 PM
Pumpkins on a Slope? Do Deer Eat Pumpkins? (etc.) contrapositive Gardening 0 22-04-2004 02:02 AM
Hulless-seeded pumpkins David Auker Edible Gardening 0 04-11-2003 04:12 AM
Pumpkins Jon United Kingdom 3 24-06-2003 01:56 PM
Bugs & pumpkins SG1 Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:32 AM