Old 04-09-2003, 09:02 PM
TheCahills

Default How to save ivy houseplant

Hi -

I generally feel like I do OK with plants but I think I've almost done the
impossible...kill an ivy plant.

Plant does not have spider mites, checked for it.

Leaves are all dry to the touch and wilted, some have drooped and are upside
down. I know it's getting plenty of water....I think at one point I
overwatered it so I left it outside for a couple days to dry out in the warm
sun. Transplanted one of the plants two weeks ago and that hasn't seemed
to help at all.

I"m in Zone 7, N of Boston.

any suggestions on what to do ?

Thanks

Old 05-09-2003, 08:46 AM
Shell91

Thought I kiled an english ivy once, all that was left was a brown twig. It
was thrown out in the back yard, in a corner, and forgotten. It ate the
fence first, then 3 trees, a telephone pole, did something to the cable box
so suddenly we started getting all the cable channels, moved into the
electric companies easement and down into the flood control ditch behind the
back fence, up 2 more trees, took the roof off a small store room built in
the back yard and then headed into the neighbor's yard. It was cut back
many many times to no avail, froze back, mowed, and finally cleared out.
It's back.

It sounds like maybe it hasn't found a spot where its happy yet. I would
try letting it dry out a bit and find a fairly warm semi shady spot for it,
and just watch it for awhile and see what happens. It could just be getting
ready for winter in our area too.

Shell
(who owns the Ivy That Ate The Yard)

"TheCahills" wrote in message

Hi -

I generally feel like I do OK with plants but I think I've almost done the
impossible...kill an ivy plant.

Plant does not have spider mites, checked for it.

Leaves are all dry to the touch and wilted, some have drooped and are

upside
down. I know it's getting plenty of water....I think at one point I
overwatered it so I left it outside for a couple days to dry out in the

warm
sun. Transplanted one of the plants two weeks ago and that hasn't seemed
to help at all.

I"m in Zone 7, N of Boston.

any suggestions on what to do ?

Thanks

[IMG] code is On

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
poisen ivy--scotts roundup poisen ivy ilaboo Lawns 4 06-06-2008 12:52 AM
Houseplant Ivy: like black soot falling from leaves Bob H United Kingdom 5 13-06-2007 05:32 PM
How water ivy houseplant ~ rob ~ United Kingdom 1 07-12-2002 06:56 PM