Old 10-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Chipper

Default Don't trust your plants to a brown thumb

Anyone who can kill a cactus should be left off the housesitting list.

http://www.thetoque.com/030909/brownthumb.htm
Old 10-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Shell91

(with much hanging of head and embarassment) I have done in a cactus or two
myself. Watered it too much
Shell

Old 11-09-2003, 10:42 PM
DigitalVinyl

I never had much success with indoor plants--although I never learned
enough about plants until this year. I had one green leafy thing for
about 4 years. It died around the same time I lost touch with the
friend who gave me it as a house warming gift. Most of my plants got
neglected and I've been know to sport brittle Charles Brown Christmas
trees in January and February (with the pile of needles surrounding
it)

However, having learned my lessons, when I went away for 5 days I was
prepard. I made sure the new garden was well watered and reservoirs
were full before I left. My neighbor said he'd look after them but his
plants always look a little neglected. About 4 pounds of tomatoes were
gone when I got back so they were looked after well. :-)

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener