Old 17-09-2003, 04:42 AM
GQ

Default Dwarf Meyer Lemon - Care and Feeding Question

Hello everybody,
I've got a question about my Dwarf Meyer Lemon tree.

Here's my care schedule:
I planted my tree in a wine barrel last summer (2002). I live on the
moister side of Western Garden's zone 14 (Brentwood, CA). I cut out
the bottom of the barrel for good drainage and filled it with bark and
potting soil. Since I have VERY good drainage, I add iron and citrus
fertilizer on the first of every month. I flood the barrel whenever
the soil dries out completely, about once/week.

In the spring of this year (2003), the tree bloomed like crazy and I
have about 30-40 lemons maturing right now. My leaves are a waxy
green and the tree seems healthy as all get out. All sounds good
right? Here's my question. I read somewhere that Meyer lemons
produce all year round. I haven't seen a single bloom since about
April. Do I have to wait until I pick some of the lemons until I see
more blooms? I realize that the tree is concentrating a heck of a lot
of energy into the massive yield that is coming on, but it concerns me
that I haven't seen any blooms since it had the major bloomfest.
Should I adjust the feeding since I have so many lemons coming on? Am
I starving the tree?

Anyway, thanks for your help.

GQ
Old 17-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Chris Owens

GQ wrote:

[...]

IME, it fruits in waves, GQ. When your current crop is ripe and
picked, it will go through a brief rest, then flower again.

Chris Owens

Old 17-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Chris Owens

GQ wrote:

Hello everybody,
I've got a qX-Mozilla-Status: 0009 Meyer Lemon tree.