Old 04-02-2006, 02:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
TQ

Default Meyer's Lemon Leaf Damage and Drop

The leaves have been yellowing this past month just before a first harvest
of six, nice-sized fruits. The lack of tartness was not unexpected, but the
intensity of tangerine was.

If you can, please help me identify the cause and treatment of the leaf
damage shown in the following images:

Top view...
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1426/00013208ae.jpg

Bottom view...
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8586/00013215zw.jpg

3-yr old sapling from Parks Seed
Planted in 12" pot of MG peat mix
Sunny south window exposure
Weekly rotation
~QT. of fish emulsion solution / wk
Daily misting
Humidity trays
Safer sprayed ~7 days ago.

TIA

--
TQ

Old 04-02-2006, 03:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Thomas

I will suggest that if you are putting a quart of water/fish emulsion
solution a week in addition to daily misting into a 12" pot, you are
watering to much. That is a common problem. Most people over water indoor
plants. I don't think that the inclusion of fish emulsion with each
watering is good either. I would back off the watering, especially in the
winter. Water once, then don't water again until the soil feels dry if you
put your finger 1-2" down into the pot. Also, back off of the fish emulsion
to maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks. It doesn't require that much feeding.
Thomas

Old 05-02-2006, 10:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
TQ

Thanks for your suggestions, but I don/t think my trubbles are due to
over-watering b/c I use a moisture meter and there/s no leaf curl. When the
meter falls to 4, on a 1-10 scale, I add about a QT of water from the
bottom.

I suspect the yellowing and subsequent leaf drop is a result of insect
damage (see pictures), but I don/t see any bugs, just the damage they leave
behind.

--
TQ

"There ought to be limits to freedom."
George W. Bush - May 21, 1999

Old 11-02-2006, 07:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Turns out I have a developing white fly population, which is causing
leaf damage that/s followed by yellowing and eventual leaf drop.
Sprayed with Safer IS with another treatment planned for next week.