Old 19-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Allview

Default Remembering a willow tree

This week my daughter took me on a trip to the north shore of Ohio. We were
going to visit an ill relative but my dd wanted to visit Ashtabula. She was
born there and had memories of helping her dad plant a willow tree. We found
the house and the owners happened to come out to their car and were happy to
talk with us. The tree was gone.

Sometime in the middle 60s I picked up a switch that the neighbors had cut off
their willow. I stuck it in the clay between the back of the house and the
sidewalk. When we saw it had rooted, Beth and her dad took it way out to the
back of our yard (probably 70 ft. at least) where we had a soggy spot and
planted it. It grew to be magnificent. A place for kids to play and hide.
The owners told us it reached the sewers in the 90s and had to be destroyed.

We all knew that willows have roots that search for water but it was kind of
sad anyway.

Marilyn in Ohio

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] Remembering Kazuya Morita Andy Rutledge Bonsai 1 07-10-2003 04:42 PM
Willow tree root control Spud Demon Gardening 1 02-08-2003 03:39 AM
Kilmarnock willow tree sparky United Kingdom 3 02-04-2003 06:44 PM
Willow tree kram United Kingdom 2 01-03-2003 12:48 PM
Willow tree Alan Gabriel United Kingdom 0 27-02-2003 12:19 AM