Old 23-09-2003, 08:42 PM
jfrost

Default hole in tree? & E-ML addresses

I'm sorry to ask...
but i don't seem to know how to reply privately to
some inquiries because their e-mail addressess
have an anti spam catch in it.

i thought all i had to do was to delete out the letters
in their address like below "spamnot" and then what was left would be
the correct address??? this doesn't seem to work for me though

could someone who has time& patience tell me what i need to do
to reply to the person only and not the group??

thanks so much!!!

"Ted S." wrote in message
Hurricane Isabel left a huge branch from my Bradford Pear on the front

lawn.

Is there anything made to fill the hole? Cement perhaps? (NOW I see the
eyebrows going up!) I don't want to spend money for a tree doctor since
this wasn't the best choice for a streetside tree anyway. The shallow

roots
are lifting the sidewalk.
Thanks. Ted

Old 24-09-2003, 12:05 AM
Babberney

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:07:42 -0500, "jfrost"
wrote:

I'm sorry to ask...
but i don't seem to know how to reply privately to
some inquiries because their e-mail addressess
have an anti spam catch in it.

i thought all i had to do was to delete out the letters
in their address like below "spamnot" and then what was left would be
the correct address??? this doesn't seem to work for me though

That should work.
could someone who has time& patience tell me what i need to do
to reply to the person only and not the group??

thanks so much!!!

"Ted S." wrote in message

In this example, you may have had trouble because of the extra dot
after spamnot. or maybe it was a totally fake address to thwart the
problem we've been discussing, I don't know. Just make sure the end
address you use has something to the left of @, something to the
right, a dot and a com, net, etc. and you should be okay (maybe not
for .gov addresses and such, which have more segments and dots, but
you should get the idea from the above).

good luck,.

For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com/
Old 24-09-2003, 03:23 AM
Warren

jfrost wrote:
I'm sorry to ask...
but i don't seem to know how to reply privately to
some inquiries because their e-mail addressess
have an anti spam catch in it.

Some people munge their addresses only to avoid having their e-mail
addresses harvested. Other people munge their address because they don't
want public discussions made private. For example, there are some
professionals here who very much enjoy participating in group
discussions, but do not wish to become free, private consultants by
moving those discussions to private e-mail. So before trying to unmunge
someone's e-mail address, think about why they are munging their
address, and why you think you need to have a private discussion. If
it's just because you have a very, very specific question, you should
probably just keep the discussion in the public forum it began in.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: