Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2003, 03:02 PM
CP

Default New Japanese Maple damaged while planting - repair advice needed

All:

After carefully choosing a very nice 5ft Japenese maple and taking
delivery of it, our landscaper slightly damaged the tree while moving
it from the pot into the ground. Where a two branch fork exists, the
tree split 1-2 inches right down the middle of the fork. The
landscaper used duct tape to pull the split back together and told us
the tree should heal in a few weeks. If this repair does not work,
the tree will be lost as the two forked brances that I'm describing
are two of three main growths from the tunk.

Is this the right way to repair the split? Is there anything else I
should consider?

Thanks,

Charlie (Boston, MA)

P.S. The reason I ask is because our landscaper was less than honest
that he did the damage, claiming the split was there when he went to
plant it. I don't want to compound his mistake by permanently
damaging our new tree.

[IMG] code is On

Grub Damaged Lawn Repair Brad Lawns 10 31-08-2006 03:50 AM
Grub Damaged Lawn Repair Brad Gardening 0 24-08-2006 09:19 PM
Planting Japanese Maple Joe Morris Gardening 0 04-05-2004 07:03 AM
[IBC] Group planting Japanese Maple - "Sango Kaku" Kitsune Miko Bonsai 1 23-08-2003 03:12 PM
Group planting Japanese Maple - "Sango Kaku" humanfly Bonsai 1 23-08-2003 02:02 PM