Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2003, 11:12 PM
Sniz Pilbor

Default 2 newbie gardening questions

Two questions, your help would be greatly appreciated.

1. What ways are there to deal with pillbugs (aka roly polies)
without using pesticides? We have some mallard ducks and they love
snails, but refuse to eat these little pests!

2. This question is actually a combo question. There are some
materials we are curious about with regard to mulching/composting
properties that aren't found in our composting tome. Could you give
any info on their properties, their vices and virtues in a compost
pit? The materials a
2a. soap
2b. feathers
2c. shells (snailshells, seashells)
2d. rabbit fur
2e. human hair
2f. paper
2g. partical board
2h. plastic/rubber
2i. rust (detached.. not associated with a metal object)
2j. glass
2k. roof tiles

Thanks very much in advance!
Sniz Pilbor