Old 22-10-2003, 02:22 PM
joe s

Default their coming!!!! THE CATERPILLARS THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are hitting EVERYTHING...we are catching them, but there are TONS of
eggs all OVER our plants...

wanting to stay organic, is there anything we can do?

DE maybe?

TIA

Old 22-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Tina Gibson

"joe s" wrote in message
they are hitting EVERYTHING...we are catching them, but there are TONS of
eggs all OVER our plants...

wanting to stay organic, is there anything we can do?

DE maybe?

TIA

What kind of caterpillars? We just went through our peak of tent catapillars
for 3 yrs in a row ending last yr. We have 90 acres so there really was not
much point in doing anything. Lived with it (although it was pretty hard
walking through the bush with them falling on your head) and dreamed of this
yr when they would be gone and we could have apples and cherries again...
The trees survived and the birds thrived.
You may have luck scraping the eggs off - but if it is a peak season it'll
be a losing battle. If you want to remain orgainic a hard spray of water to
knock them off and drown them. There are many tricks to keep them off of
flowering trees - aluminum foil that they can't climb over, tanglefoot that
traps them, google it organic- you'll find lots. Tina

Old 22-10-2003, 04:02 PM
joe s

actually, they are just in our garden...haven't seen them in this QUANTITY
anywhere else (we only have an acre (but our dreams are to move north and
be self suffiencient)

Old 23-10-2003, 03:12 AM
joe s

BT?

Lar wrote in message
t...
In article -
berlin.de, says...
wanting to stay organic, is there anything we can do?

DE maybe?

Go with BT for caterpillars. It will come in a dust or
liquid form. They will quit feeding when infected and it
won't bother other insects.

--
Neat site:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/j...ienceopticsu/p

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Old 23-10-2003, 03:12 AM
joe s

NM - found it.. thnx

joe s wrote in message
m...
BT?

Lar wrote in message
t...
In article -
berlin.de, says...

Old 25-10-2003, 08:42 PM
J Kolenovsky

What are examples of your plants that you are growing?

JK

joe s wrote:
=

they are hitting EVERYTHING...we are catching them, but there are TONS =

of
eggs all OVER our plants...
=

wanting to stay organic, is there anything we can do?
=

DE maybe?
=

TIA

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
Old 26-10-2003, 10:02 PM
joe s

pole beans, peas, cucumbers, carrotts, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, cabbage,
broccolli, mustard greens, cauliflower, radishes and corn.

τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business
τΏτ - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal