Old 27-10-2003, 01:12 AM
Sockmonkey

Default Identify Plant

Can anybody identify this plant? My brother gave it to me, neither he or I
know what it is.

I have posted a picture he
http://figbug.dnsalias.org/gallery/Misc/IMG_5789

Thank You
Roland

Old 27-10-2003, 01:22 AM
David Hill

Try looking under Euphorbia Crown of thorns.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 27-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Euphorbia milii var. splendens

The plant appears to not be getting enough light. Try moving it to a south
facing window and it should bloom.

Old 27-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Frogleg

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 06:24:31 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
wrote:

Sockmonkey wrote
Can anybody identify this plant? My brother gave it to me, neither he or I
know what it is.

I have posted a picture he
http://figbug.dnsalias.org/gallery/Misc/IMG_5789

Euphorbia milii var. splendens

(common name: Crown of Thorns -- sorry Cereoid)

The plant appears to not be getting enough light. Try moving it to a south
facing window and it should bloom.

Yep. It definitely needs light. It's a pretty easy-care plant. Let dry
out between watering, give it lots of light, and it has very pretty
little blooms ranging through cream, pink, and orange shades. Is vrey
easy to propagate from tip cuttings.
Old 27-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Beecrofter

"Sockmonkey" wrote in message news:Bg_mb.24736$zx2.13036@edtnps84...
Can anybody identify this plant? My brother gave it to me, neither he or I
know what it is.

I have posted a picture he
http://figbug.dnsalias.org/gallery/Misc/IMG_5789

Thank You
Roland

Don't get any sap on your skin, it burns some it's like poison ivy to others.

Old 27-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Sockmonkey

The plant was in a lot better shape before I went on holiday. I don't think
it was watered while I was away. When I came back about 75% of the leaves
had fallen off. They are starting to grow back now.

The plant is a cutting from my brothers plant. He originally bought it from
the biology department at a University. At the end of each term they sell
all their plants for a $1 each.

My brother just sold his condo, one of the subject tos on the contract was
that his crown of thorns be included in the deal. I thought that was funny.

Anyway, thanks for all the help everybody,
Roland

om...

Old 28-10-2003, 12:32 AM
Skirmishd

The plant was in a lot better shape before I went on holiday. I don't think
it was watered while I was away. When I came back about 75% of the leaves
had fallen off. They are starting to grow back now.

The plant is a cutting from my brothers plant. He originally bought it from
the biology department at a University. At the end of each term they sell
all their plants for a $1 each.

My brother just sold his condo, one of the subject tos on the contract was
that his crown of thorns be included in the deal. I thought that was funny.

Anyway, thanks for all the help everybody,
Roland

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
. com...
Euphorbia milii var. splendens

The plant appears to not be getting enough light. Try moving it to a south
facing window and it should bloom.

Sockmonkey wrote in message
Can anybody identify this plant? My brother gave it to me, neither he or

know what it is.

I have posted a picture he
http://figbug.dnsalias.org/gallery/Misc/IMG_5789

Thank You
Roland

I had one of these that gave me little very bright orange-red flowers year
round in a window with lots of sun.