Old 05-11-2003, 09:32 PM
madgardener

Default arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I get tired of this.......I can't even read the responses that I got when I
asked this before. But since I subscribe to VIC for my e-mail and server, I
need to know who I can use for my newsgroup server that would be supported
thru Outlook Express. (yes, I still use Outlook Express, only because it's
working fine, it's doing what I want it to do most times and I'm familiar
with it) I don't mean to bother ya;ll with this question, but the German
based newsgroup service never contacted me and I can't access the
information I got about it. So please, if ya'll have a dependable newsreader
service out there you're viewing rec.gardens thru in it's entirety, meaning
running full posts and threads at least for the last year, let me know by
e-mailing me. I even tried X-news and there are some posts missing on THAT
one too!! Thanks ya'll
madgardener getting drenching rains still.........

Old 06-11-2003, 01:32 AM
JNJ

MG -- Are you willing to pay or are you only interested in a free service?
If the former, the best service available is Giganews. Their packages are
reasonable as well. They have a 3 day trial you can run through, see if
the service meets your needs, and after that you subscribe on a per-gigabyte
rate. The average text user will have no problem at the 1 gig level that
runs $7.95 a month. I've been pretty active on the newsgroups over the
years and 1 gig was always enough for my text stuff -- it wasn't until I
started downloading binaries of old time radio shows that I had to bump up
to a higher level. They also have a server that gives you an extra half gig
as well.

If you're interested, use the link below so I can get a referral. :-P

http://www.giganews.com/customer/gn45224

James.

Old 06-11-2003, 03:22 AM
Tom J

http://news.individual.net/
It's free and fast. Fill out the application and wait a few days for your
account information. This service is run by the University of Berlin,
Germany.

Tom J

Old 12-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Ann

"madgardener" madgard@fairies live herevic.com expounded:

[...]

Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy
I've been telling you that for years!!! G

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 12-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Lee

hi mad! i use microsoft internet explorer and go directly to
http://groups.google.com and access rec.gardens and read directly
from the net rather than e-mail. news groups are not available though
my server at this time unless i pay more than i do. just a thought.
love.. lee h

Old 13-11-2003, 02:22 AM
zhanataya

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:18:00 -0500, Ann wrote:

Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy
I've been telling you that for years!!! G

What!! Ann, you're my guru. What happened to Agent, Agent, Agent.
I'm still there. When did the wagon train pass me by?

zhan
Old 13-11-2003, 03:12 AM
Ann

zhanataya expounded:

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:18:00 -0500, Ann wrote:

Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy Newsguy
I've been telling you that for years!!! G

What!! Ann, you're my guru. What happened to Agent, Agent, Agent.
I'm still there. When did the wagon train pass me by?

Oh no, Zhan, I still use Agent, but my news server is with Newsguy.
Extra Newsguy, as a matter of fact, although I think just plain
Newsguy has rec.gardens (yes, it does). Basic Newsguy is $39.95 a
year, and Extra Newsguy is $79.95 a year. Well worth it! see
http://extra.newsguy.com/overview.htm for more info. I am not
financially connected to them (other than the yearly fee), just a
satisfied customer!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA