Old 09-11-2003, 12:02 PM
HA HA Budys Here

Default Green & Glod Enonomous

Hello, these shrubs are "evergreen" (Or evergreen & evergold as it were) but do
they prefer acidic soil like my other evergreens, azaleas and rhodies, or no? I
have a bid of HollyTone I 'd like to get rid of and If these shrubs wouldn't
mind, then they'd be the lynchpin in my (finally) total shed cleanup cleanout.

TIA
Old 09-11-2003, 01:02 PM
David J Bockman

There are several Euonymus that are variegated yellow and green, however if
you're referring to Euonymus japonicus 'Aureus' or 'Aureomarginatus', they
are pH adaptable to many types of soils, and are noted as being somewhat
salt tolerant as well.

I can't see how Hollytone would hurt them at all.....

Dave

Old 09-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Pam - gardengal

"HA HA Budys Here" wrote in message
Hello, these shrubs are "evergreen" (Or evergreen & evergold as it were)

but do
they prefer acidic soil like my other evergreens, azaleas and rhodies, or

no? I
have a bid of HollyTone I 'd like to get rid of and If these shrubs

wouldn't
mind, then they'd be the lynchpin in my (finally) total shed cleanup

cleanout.

TIA

Most common broadleaf evergreen shrubs will benefit from an acidic
fertilizer, but at this time of year, I'd use sparingly.

pam - gardengal

Old 09-11-2003, 02:12 PM
HA HA Budys Here

Thanks to all!