Old 13-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Mike Gilmore

Default Decaisnea Fargesii - blue pods and black seeds

Have collected some seeds from plant I wish to move, but as insurance, I
wish to also start off some seeds. Unfortunately, horticultural
publications are little use. Can anyone with actual experience of this
large shrub advise whether or not seeds from blue pods require
stratification, chilling before-hand etc, or tell me wherther or not they
can simply be planted in usual compost/sand mix in a frost-free greenhouse?

--
Regards
Mike Gilmore

Old 13-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Pam - gardengal

"Mike Gilmore" wrote in
message ...
Have collected some seeds from plant I wish to move, but as insurance, I
wish to also start off some seeds. Unfortunately, horticultural
publications are little use. Can anyone with actual experience of this
large shrub advise whether or not seeds from blue pods require
stratification, chilling before-hand etc, or tell me wherther or not they
can simply be planted in usual compost/sand mix in a frost-free

greenhouse?

--
Regards
Mike Gilmore
WinsfordWalledGarden

Very easy to germinate and requires no stratification - sow when ripe in
your usual medium and overwinter in your greenhouse. You should see
germination in spring as temperatures warm.

pam - gardengal