Old 26-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Are you ready for Festivus?

A Festivus for the rest of us!!!

http://www.karber.net/seinfeld/festivus/default.htm

Pretty soon December 23 will roll around once again and it will be time to
celebrate Festivus.

Its not one of those phony religious holidays or a commercialized farce like
Christmas, Kwanza, Chanukah, Harmonica, Chaka Khan or any of those others.
Its celebrating the holidays for what they really a getting together with
the relatives and driving each other nuts!!

Oh the memories of sitting around the pole wondering why you left the
comfort of your home to be with people you only ever see during weddings or
funerals.

The placing of lousy gifts of undewear and socks under the pole and trying
to look surprised when you get them. If you're lucky, the grandparents will
give you another brand new $5 bill!

The joy of pinning the old man to the ground during the feats of strength.

The airing of grievences with those closest to you who disappoint you the
most throughout the year.

Oh the heck with it.

I'm sick of you people.

I'm getting my coat and going home.

Serenity now!

Old 26-11-2003, 08:32 PM
animaux

It really is amazing what 2000 miles can do.

In Mark's family, who live in Wisconsin (how does anyone actually live there?)
we've created a new tradition. We don't care if we mail packages on time or
not, and the winner of the prize (which is nothing of course) is the person to
give the crappiest gift. Last year I won. I gave my brother in law a rusty
wing nut. No hint intended, of course.

We have our own ritual of going to the movies on Christmas day. I hope this
year's opener is a good one.

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:20:18 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
opined: