Old 06-12-2003, 02:02 PM
chaz

Default Miniature citrus?

When I was a child, stuckeys stores used to sell miniature orange, lemon,
and palm trees. Are these still on the market anywhewre?

thanks

chaz-

Old 06-12-2003, 02:34 PM
J Kolenovsky

"Calamondin Orange" should be readilly available. Makes a decent pie or
marmalade. Yahoo or Google. my 2 lincolns

http://www.celestialhabitats.com

chaz wrote:
=

When I was a child, stuckeys stores used to sell miniature orange, lemo=

n,
and palm trees. Are these still on the market anywhewre?
=

thanks
=

chaz-

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
Old 07-12-2003, 09:02 PM
David Ross

chaz wrote:

When I was a child, stuckeys stores used to sell miniature orange, lemon,
and palm trees. Are these still on the market anywhewre?

I think you want dwarf citrus. These are readily available
wherever the climate is appropriate for citrus outdoors. They
should also be available elsewhere since dwarf citrus can be kept
in containers and moved into shelter during the winter.

I have three dwarf citrus trees in 18" tubs. The Eureka lemon and
Robertson navel orange are about 3' from soil to top; the kumquat
is a bit shorter. They have full-size fruit; but with fewer
branches than full-sized trees, they just don't have as much
fruit. Nevertheless, one year, I got about 60 lemons. I never
got more than about a dozen oranges in a single year. Most years,
I get so many kumquats that I let some just fall and rot.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Old 07-12-2003, 09:46 PM
chaz

"David Ross" wrote in message
chaz wrote:

[...]

David,
Thanks for the info, WHO would carry these?

chaz-

Old 08-12-2003, 08:02 PM
David Ross

chaz wrote:

I previously wrote [in part]:
chaz wrote:

When I was a child, stuckeys stores used to sell miniature orange,

lemon,
and palm trees. Are these still on the market anywhewre?

I think you want dwarf citrus. These are readily available
wherever the climate is appropriate for citrus outdoors. They
should also be available elsewhere since dwarf citrus can be kept
in containers and moved into shelter during the winter.

David,
Thanks for the info, WHO would carry these?

Try a general nursery. If you are in a cold-winter climate, you
might have to wait until spring. You might also have to
special-order these. Since citrus is evergreen and cannot be left
out in winter weather, mail-order is risky.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/

I use Mozilla as my Web browser because I
want a browser that complies with Web standards.
See http://www.mozilla.org/.

[IMG] code is On

Citrus Plants, Citrus Feed, Citrus Compost Kathryn Selfe Marketplace 0 01-11-2008 03:41 PM
Miniature Onc. question Miika Sillsten Orchids 1 14-02-2003 10:39 AM
[IBC] miniature ficus Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 4 12-02-2003 02:25 PM
miniature ficus Allen Bonsai 0 10-02-2003 06:25 PM
Indoor Miniature Roses A Stafford Roses 2 06-02-2003 09:06 PM