Old 14-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Miika Sillsten

Default Miniature Onc. question

Hello

I recently purchased a small Oncidium (no labels on the plants over here,
well if one is lucky the genus might be mentioned) which I think might be
Onc. Twinkle 'Red Fantasy'.

What perplexes me though is the size of my plant, it's
quite tiny with a few 1-3cm pseudobulbs, 5-10cm leaves and maybe 4-5, 10 cm long flower
stems with around 20 very small buds each. A few buds have opened and the flower is maybe
1cm across with pink and deep raspberry colors

Is that anywhere near what a Twinkle might look like? If so, how come my plant is that tiny
when all the pictures I've seen show them to be quite a bit bigger. I'm not complaining though,
it's really a lovely little plant.

Sorry for the poor formatting, my news-reader is acting up.

Regards
--
Miika
Old 14-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

That sounds like it may well be Oncidium Twinkle.

As far as size goes, plants are like people, they come in all shapes and
sizes. Yours might be naturally small, or it might be immature, so will get
larger with new growth.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com