Old 08-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Earl Buchan

Default 20% Selected Plants at Greenwood Nursery

http://www.greenwoodnursery.com

20% off complete Hosta Collection

Unequaled for their beautiful foliage, low care and many landscape
uses. Hosta provide bright color in the shade with handsome broad,
ribbed foliage in many colors. Very showy from early spring until late
fall. Excellent for shade, sun or partial shade...they don't need
dividing. Grown even in moist locations. Plant 18-24 inches apart.
They take about 1 year to establish themselves. Hefty 1-2 eye plants
in deep 3" pots. Zone: 3-9 Ships: Fall and Spring

20% Off Crapemyrtle Collection

We have assembled a five plant collection of the best colorful
combination of the popular Crape Myrtle's. They will bloom from
mid-summer through fall. Colors included in this offer a

'Watermelon' Red
'Acoma' White
'Biloxi' Pink
'Muskogee' Purple
'Peppermint lace'
Crape myrtle's are easy to grow and a delight to anyone's garden.

Plant in groupings for the best affect or line a drive or fence. Also
great for cut flower arrangements.

Crape myrtle are the most colorful element of Southern gardens from
mid- to late summer when each branch and twig on the plants is tipped
with a 6- to 12-inch cluster of white, pink, red, lavender or
purple-red flowers. Individual flowers are about 1 1/2 inches across,
so crinkly they look as if they were made of crepe paper. Crape myrtle
leaves are oval and 1 to 2 inches long; they are bronze-colored when
they first unfold in the spring and become yellow, orange or red
before falling late in autumn. The smooth gray bark of old branches
and stems gradually flakes off to reveal fresh pinkish bark beneath.

Crape myrtle's grow in Zones 6-10 and do best in full sun and in moist
soil that has been well supplemented with peat moss, leaf mold or
decayed sawdust. For hedges, plant crape myrtle's about 4 or 5 feet
apart.

Apply a high nitrogen lawn-type fertilizer in early spring and again
in late spring. Crape myrtle's bloom on their new growth, so promote
it with nitrogen. Do not fertilize after late summer, so they can go
completely dormant before winter.

Ships: All are 3/4' in size when shipped except the semi-dwarf
peppermint which is 2/3'and at a very SPECIAL price.

Sold as a collection of 5 plants only!

Ships: Fall and Spring.

20% off 3 Flowering pear combination

Bradford Pear
Pyrus calleryana ‘Bradford') is a beautiful spring-flowering tree that
has gained popularity in the past 20 years and is frequently seen in
nearly every city within its growing range.

Cleveland Select Flowering Pear
One of the most beautiful sights in spring is a flowering pear tree
covered in snowy white blooms. If you like to see a lot of blooms, you
need to know that Cleveland Select has more blooms than any other
flowering pear.

Aristocrat Pear
(Pyrus calleryana ‘Aristocrat') Hardy to zone 4, the Aristocrat pear
is a flowering tree that reaches a mature height of 40 feet. This tree
is remarkably adaptable! It is pest resistant and tolerates drought,
poor drainage and just about any soil. It can thrive despite r the
effects of moderate winds, smog, and extreme temperatures. The
Aristocrat's foliage is dark, glossy green that turns to a deep, regal
red in the fall. Its beautiful flowers are white, one inch across, and
form in clusters in March.

http://www.greenwoodnursery.com
Old 08-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Pam - gardengal

This a newsgroup devoted to the discussion of gardening topics, not a free
advertising forum. Please restrict your posts to questions of or responses
to gardening issues. I personally don't appreciate downloading any more junk
mail than I already receive and were I to purchase plants by mail order
(which I don't), yours would be the last place I'd patronize. It's damned
Internet telemarketing and I'm tired of it.

om...

Old 08-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Steve Wolfe

This a newsgroup devoted to the discussion of gardening topics, not a
free
advertising forum. Please restrict your posts to questions of or

to gardening issues. I personally don't appreciate downloading any more

junk
mail than I already receive and were I to purchase plants by mail order
(which I don't), yours would be the last place I'd patronize. It's

damned
Internet telemarketing and I'm tired of it.

.... and if you "register" at their site, you get even more of it. I
finally just blocked all mail from their domain on my mail server.

steve

Old 08-12-2003, 10:32 PM
David Hill

Just a little better than the usual junk mail,
I had 4 in succession today telling me I could grow bigger breasts, which I
don't think would look good with my beard, then the next told me there were
160'000 people waiting to meet me.......
I certainly don't want to meet the people that want to meet a 6ft bearded
61yr old with big breasts.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries