Old 09-12-2003, 11:04 PM
Adam Ben Nalois

Default Dangerous plants in my garden

I was on vacation for 3 years and now my garden is full of dangerous
plants who probably bite me.

What can I do?
Old 10-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

You were on "vacation" for three years, you say?

Tell your doctor to change your meds!!!

The ones you are taking now aren't working.

Beware of the flumberberry bush. It can sneak up on you while you sleep and
bite you on the giblets!!!

om...

Old 11-12-2003, 06:02 AM
Peter Jason

"Adam Ben Nalois" wrote in message
om...
I was on vacation for 3 years and now my garden is full of dangerous
plants who probably bite me.

What can I do?

Never fear, Peter's here.
We get rid of acres of blackberries buy renting a projectile sprayer and
dousing the lot. A few months later when they have all gone brown we torch
them to good effect. Works like a charm!

Old 11-12-2003, 12:12 PM
JNJ

I was on vacation for 3 years and now my garden is full of dangerous
plants who probably bite me.

What can I do?

If you can afford to take a three year vacation then you can afford to hire
a gardener. Otherwise, it's time your parents hire a gardener and you get
your own place.

Old 11-12-2003, 07:32 PM
paghat

In article , "Shell"
wrote:

I envy you your monkshoods I can't seem to grow them or delphiniums and
foxglove

Shell

I'm kind of surprised as I think of monkshoods as good "beginner" plants
very forgiving of a wide range of conditions in sundry areas of a garden
(much more forgiving than the majority of delphiniums, & don't wear out
after a few years like delphiniums). Maybe I'm just lucky to live in the
perfect climate for them & they're not so easy everywhere, I dunno. I've
planted many kinds of monkshoods, & two in fact have not to date performed
much (the yellow monkshood leafed nicely this past year but did not
flower; a white one seems to have disappeared entirely & may have been
under watered, though I will not disrupt its area next spring in case it
makes a reappearance, cuz years ago I had one that I thought died when
still a young tender plant, yet it came back the next year & has never
again shown signs of unhappiness). If you get three or four varieties to
start with, & especially if you get largish well rooted pots instead of
veritable seedlings, I bet two or three would do well even if conditions
are imperfect for all. Semi-shade or bright shade, & moist soil, ought to
be enough, & some care not to dig near their roots when they're dormant &
invisible, as they're not plants that suffer being disrupted, dug up, or
divided without stress.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"