Old 15-12-2003, 02:32 PM
dave

Default UK: Garden security device wanted

We have a problem with "Yoofs" coming into our garden on an night; its
not so much the being in the garden thats the problem (althoug that in
itself is bad enough) but the destroying of plants in the process. I
remember seeing on a UK gardening program sometime ago that had a
device that was basically a blank shotgun cartridge that had a was
held in a bracket then had spring loaded firing pin held in place by
fishing line that could be strung around the perimeter that you wanted
to protect. You disturbed the wire, the firing pin was released and
the shotgun shell was fired, resulting in nothing more than a rather
large bang. Does anybody know the name of this product?

TIA
Dave

Please note: Yes I have informed the police. Yes I have installed PIR
lighting (anymore and I'll need a direct line to the power station).
No I don't wan't to kill anybody, just scare them away and preferably
keep them out of the garden. Yes I have pyracanthas protecting the
perimeter. No I don't want a 6ft fence. No I don't know why there are
in my garden.
Old 15-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Jim W

dave wrote:

We have a problem with "Yoofs" coming into our garden on an night; its
not so much the being in the garden thats the problem (althoug that in
itself is bad enough) but the destroying of plants in the process. I
remember seeing on a UK gardening program sometime ago that had a
device that was basically a blank shotgun cartridge that had a was
held in a bracket then had spring loaded firing pin held in place by
fishing line that could be strung around the perimeter that you wanted
to protect. You disturbed the wire, the firing pin was released and
the shotgun shell was fired, resulting in nothing more than a rather
large bang. Does anybody know the name of this product?

Hi Dave.. Try any good agricultural suppliers/farm shop.. I believe
its known as a bird scarer!-)

See also a fairly recent very long thread about problems with 'yoofs'
from URG

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...=googlet&th=ba
f01c310b49ca77&seekm=b9cvob%24dr5%241%40newsg3.svr .pol.co.uk#link1

Jim

[IMG] code is On

FA/FS: Garden Security Australia 1 14-10-2006 10:27 PM
UK: Garden security device wanted dave Gardening 9 17-12-2003 07:32 PM
UK: Garden security device wanted dave Gardening 0 15-12-2003 02:32 PM
Garden Security Neil Phillips Texas 0 18-07-2003 12:32 AM
Garden furniture security MJG United Kingdom 15 28-04-2003 06:44 PM