Old 22-12-2003, 02:12 PM

Default killing vine that has taken over hedge

Hello all.

I live in South Florida and have a Hibiscus hedge running down the
sides of my property. Last year I noticed I somehow got some pesty
vine running through, around and on top of the hedge killing some the
trees. In a strange way the vine when trimmed fills the hedge nicely -
but apparently that's only until it completely kills the Hibiscus.

I'm not sure what type of vine it is or how to kill it.

See picture in link:

http://207.69.19.31/vine.jpg

Any ideas ?

Thanks!
Old 22-12-2003, 06:32 PM

Phisherman wrote in message

It looks like a wild strawberry (does it produce flowers/berries?).
After a soaking rain, pull it out by the roots. Repeat in 3 months
if needed.

No beeries that I know of. It produces a little yellow flower.

Thanks.
Old 22-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Thalocean2

I'm not sure what type of vine it is or how to kill it.

See picture in link:

http://207.69.19.31/vine.jpg

Any ideas ?

It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks sorta like a hop vine. Does
the flower produce a sort of cone?

They can be a pain-in-the-butt, grow fast in warm climates, and have a very
pungent odor.

Good luck,
Laura B.
Old 23-12-2003, 01:32 AM
Zemedelec

Any ideas ?
BRBR

Put up a poster showing several flowers as well as leaves. Half a flower head
does't tell me much, except what it probably isn't.
zemedelec

[IMG] code is On

How to tell if a cutting has taken? Timothy Murphy United Kingdom 8 11-05-2012 02:29 PM
Bamboo has taken over my garden :( SexyGardener Bamboo 3 07-08-2009 08:01 PM
Ivy bed being taken over by weeds [email protected] United Kingdom 2 28-05-2007 09:59 AM
Lawn taken over Josiane Gardening 10 07-04-2004 06:32 AM
Lawn taken over Josiane Gardening 1 06-04-2004 08:49 PM