Old 22-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Mike Gilmore

Default Time to plan........?

During these cold dark winters, many gardeners often spend time leafing
through
plant lists or wish lists which, in my case, often leads to the "What can
I do in the garden for next year?" stage.

For some years now during each winter I have dedicated many cold and often
wet
days to building a specific garden feature. From the outset each 'project'
has turned a once reasonably presentable garden area into something more
closely resembling a hurricane disaster area until that magical moment is
reached when the potential of the final result can be glimpsed through the
quagmire of materials and tools all around. Currently I am up to my eyes in
redesigning and rebuilding two herbaceous borders which form part of this
winter's project.
..
However, for those of you who are right in the midst of your own project,
who may need some 'visual encouragement' or merely for those who are simply
curious to see someone else's efforts, I have enclosed my URL from where you
can go directly using either of the three links to 3 previous winter
projects. Namely, a circular brick PATIO and wavy path, a PERGOLA and a
GAZEBO with cooling fountain within. Each web page contains pictoral and
descriptive details in a simple step-by-step format.
My URL is www.winsfordwalledgarden.freeserve.co.uk
Happy New Year everyone
Mike Gilmore
WinsfordWalledGarden, SW England,