Old 19-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Lisa Kocanda

Default YARD NEEDS HELP!!!

img
src=http://www.photobucket.com/albums/1003/CountryLisa/yard/DSCF0007.jpg
img
src=http://www.photobucket.com/albums/1003/CountryLisa/yard/DSCF0008.jpg
img
src=http://www.photobucket.com/albums/1003/CountryLisa/yard/DSCF0005.jpg

Old 20-01-2004, 12:06 AM
David J Bockman

I agree!

On the other hand, what a wonderful 'tabla raza' you have to do exactly what
you wish.

Where in the world do you live?

Dave

Old 20-01-2004, 12:12 AM
HA HA Budys Here

Lives at 2103 something, somewhere USA.

(Checked the rest of the photos you DIDN'T provide links to, it's on your
mailbox LOL)

Yes nice clean slate. I envision a flowering hedge, a pond, waterfall, pergola
and a slate or paver patio...

Or, try to get on one of those HGTV shows where they come and do it for you!

Old 20-01-2004, 12:42 AM
D Kat

I would love to do this place! An almost clean palate. Where are you at?
The first thing I would do is cut down the trees by the road and plant a
large number of evergreens of varying height, color and texture along the
road line. My center piece would be a blue spruce in the corner... If you
want to cut down the size of your yard plant three of them in a triangle in
the corner keeping in mind how large they do eventually get. Can you plant
outside the fence line? If you can I would make sure to plant evergreens
there as well to keep down the sound of traffic and to further give privacy.
Evergreens come in blues, golds, deep green, light green, etc. so you can
get a wonderful feeling of depth and color. I would put smaller variety
evergreens along the other two sides of the fence. Again mix the colors and
sizes to give a feel of depth. You want ones that are high enough to be
above the fence but that are not going to grow outwards so much as to take
up the whole yard. A specimen Japanese maple would look nice towards the
middle. Of course I'm saying this from the point of view of someone that
hates yards.... Do you like shade gardens? You can get a remarkable
amount of color in a variety of ways in a shade garden. It looks to me as
if you live where you could plant hostas, ferns and many shade flowering
shrubs that have wonderful colors (azaleas, rhodies, Keri, etc.). The side
yard will not take anything that is of shrub size or larger but it could
take some nice vines. What direction does it face? If it faces North I
would think about climbing hydrangea. East then Clematis might work...
maybe... If you really hate your neighbors you could plant bamboo

http://www.county.ces.uga.edu/chatham/use.htm
http://www.lewisbamboo.com/bamboo.html
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_trees_sh...6920%2C00.html
http://www.garden-services.com/visual_screens.htm
http://homes.mainetoday.com/gardenin...tprivacy.shtml

Old 20-01-2004, 08:32 PM
TOM KAN PA

Or, try to get on one of those HGTV shows where they come and do it for you!

____Reply Separator_____

How come no one ever sued for the hell hole that their yard area was turned
into?