Old 24-01-2004, 07:04 PM

Default Heavenly Bamboo (Nandino) cuttings ?

Hi,
I'm in Zone 8. I'd like to try taking cuttings from our Heavenly
Bamboo shrub. If anyone has done this, successfully, could you please
advise me when and how it should be done?

The main plant was $40.00 last year so I'd really like to save some
money, if I could.

Many thanks.
BL
Old 25-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Penny Morgan

If you wait just a little bit, you'll have babies that come from the mother
plant of heavenly bamboo. I've got 4 of them in my front yard and I have to
pull out babies that pop up all around the bush.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina

Old 25-01-2004, 02:02 AM
animaux

I recently spent a solid 16 hours digging out every little piece of this
dastardly, invasive plant. It's ruining the entire of Texas wildscape. I have
no idea why they still sell it here.

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:44:53 -0800, opined:

Old 25-01-2004, 03:12 AM

Thankyou, everyone, for giving me your suggestions. I'll just let it
grow till it sends out babies, dig them up and presto! more ..... of
course, for the Texan here, are you sure I can't mail you a few babies
for your garden?? :-))))))))))))
Thanks again, folks.

BL