Old 27-01-2004, 06:14 AM
Michelle

Default what's a good gardenign magazine

I keep trying new magazines about gardenign I want a good one that
helps you become a better gardener and has good techniqual advice and
ideas for gardens and what not to do's
and stuff like that not one that just shows gardens that no matter how
much I gardened and how much money I had I could never achieve even
if I was the queen of england
he he :- ) got any good ideas ?
thanks
Michelle
"Love is the water in the garden of life "
Old 27-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Somebody get me a copy of that good gardenign magazine too!!!

Maybe the sequel on garden reneging too!!!

Which one does the queen of England read?

Get me a carton of holy grails too, while you're at it!!!

"If gardening is the water in the kidneys of love life, who is responsible
for getting out all the grass stains?"

Old 27-01-2004, 02:12 PM
animaux

Over the years I've found "Fine Gardening" to be the best garden magazine.

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:46:42 -0500, Michelle opined:

Old 27-01-2004, 03:07 PM
meanbeagle

I like Garden Gate. It's practical, no ads, and not over the top.
Check it out at www.gardegatemag.com .
I hope this helps.

Old 27-01-2004, 05:41 PM
WiGard

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:46:42 -0500, Michelle wrote:

I keep trying new magazines about gardenign I want a good one that helps
you become a better gardener and has good techniqual advice and ideas for
gardens and what not to do's and stuff like that not one that just shows
gardens that no matter how much I gardened and how much money I had I
could never achieve even if I was the queen of england
he he :- ) got any good ideas ?
thanks
Michelle
"Love is the water in the garden of life "

There tons of good (and free) info on the Internet. Google is one search
engine which has the ability to search for images, a great way to find out
how plants are supposed to grow and look.

Your county extension agent (assuming you are in the US) should be able to
counsel you. Most counties also have a master gardening program, a very
good opportunity to learn and to connect with others.

Try a good library. Large cities usually have libraries with many mags
from which to choose. Spend some time finding what you like. What others
like is not necessarily something you can enjoy, too.

Contact the nearest botanical gardens. They're all over the US. Each
should offer a reading room / library with references to keep your mind
off the snow until tulips bloom.

Old 30-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Jim Lewis

"Michelle" wrote in message
I keep trying new magazines about gardenign I want a good one

that
helps you become a better gardener and has good techniqual

advice and
ideas for gardens and what not to do's
and stuff like that not one that just shows gardens that no

matter how
much I gardened and how much money I had I could never achieve

even
if I was the queen of england
he he :- ) got any good ideas ?
thanks
Michelle
"Love is the water in the garden of life "

Organic Gardening.

And as far as the mags with the ornate gardens, you're not
supposed to COPY them, er, "verbatim." You can steal ideas from
here and there in several of them and develop a garden that
actually looks lived in.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

Old 30-01-2004, 12:42 AM
David Hill

Not a magazine but you might find something of what you want from the
following links
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/htbg/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/ (Try their news letter)

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

[IMG] code is On

Good Aquarium Plant Magazine? Martin Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 07-12-2005 12:52 AM
good Magazine? chaz Gardening 2 15-04-2004 02:06 PM
what's a good gardenign magazine Michelle Gardening 0 27-01-2004 06:02 AM
[IBC] BCI magazine Colin Lewis Bonsai 3 07-02-2003 08:27 PM