Old 29-01-2004, 03:13 AM
Bonnie Punch

Default staghorn fern - Platycerium bifurcatum

I just bought a small Platycerium bifurcatum - it is currently in a
terracotta pot. Most sites I've looked at indicate that I can leave it
to grow in a pot, but that it would be much better if I mounted it on a
board. Is it a good idea to do this now, or should I wait untill later
in the spring when it is activly growing? The sterile fronds are about
8" in diameter, and it has eight fertile fronds of varying lengths. I'm
in zone 4, so it would spend most of the time indoors as a houseplant.

Thanks
Bonnie Punch