Old 01-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Broomhilda

Default bidens aristosa

Can anyone tell me where I can send for
bidens aristosa or tickseed sunflower?

Would sure appreciate it.

Old 01-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Jim Lewis

"Broomhilda" wrote in message
nk.net...
Can anyone tell me where I can send for
bidens aristosa or tickseed sunflower?

Would sure appreciate it.

Gosh, various Bidens species (pilosa, bipinnata, and laevis) are
pesky weeds down here. They're all over my pasture -- tho I
haven't bothered to ID them. One is white with yellow center.
The others are yellow, and daisylike. You can come dig them up
any time you want.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

Old 01-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Broomhilda

If you aren't kidding maybe I can stop on my way north about the end of
March.

Can't find anywhere to buy the seed.

I thing aristosa is the tallest but pilosa will do.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:02 AM
Jim Lewis

"Broomhilda" wrote in message
ink.net...
If you aren't kidding maybe I can stop on my way north about

the end of
March.

Can't find anywhere to buy the seed.

I thing aristosa is the tallest but pilosa will do.

No, but March is probably a bit early up here. Nothing even in
bloom yet (in the weed department, at least).

Have you tried to google for wildflower or wildflower seed?
There are several Texas wildflower farms (they sell to state road
departments for highway beautification).

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL