Old 14-02-2004, 04:42 AM
B & J

Default Growing Blueberries in Northwest

"Ann" wrote in message
Maine wild blueberries are small, sweet and tasty, and I picked
probably 20 quarts this past summer.....and I didn't make a dent!
I've got some frozen up, I may make more jam.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

The wild blueberries in MN were not that small, particularly if found in
boggy, somewhat shaded areas (morning sun, afternoon shade). They often
compared favorably in size to the domestically produced berries and were
gigantic compared to the wild berries in AR. One exceptional year I picked
twenty-five quarts in an afternoon at my secret berry site. Getting there
included a two mile walk down logging trails and an additional half mile
hike through brush. Few others competed with me for the berries, and I
didn't tell anyone!

John

Old 14-02-2004, 07:12 AM

yup, it is much easier to pour the batter and then load the frozen blueberries on
top. flip when the batter is set, then zap in the microwave to complete the cooking.
the pancakes arent "high" but they are drooling with bb juice. Ingrid

Ann wrote:

expounded:

in the evening I take a small bowl of Atkins almond crunch, I have an open tray of
frozen blueberries and take a handful, then pour cream over the top for my evening
snack. they are perfect.
the other thing I do is blueberry pancakes .. pour the pancake batter into the pan,
drop the frozen blueberries into the wet batter. after both sides browned I zap them
in the microwave to get the BB really cooked, hot and juiced. Ingrid

Yum, Ingrid! I think I'll make bb pancakes on Sunday......)

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.