Old 14-02-2004, 04:43 PM
chaz

Default Encyclopedia of plants??

Does anyone have a recommendation of a really good excyclopedia of house
plants, etc?

chaz-

Old 14-02-2004, 05:32 PM
WiGard

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:38:47 +0000, chaz wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation of a really good excyclopedia of house
plants, etc?

chaz-

I have several tomes published by the Americna Horticultural Society. Go
to their website or do a search at Amazon. The books are indeed tomes,
for they are thick. I sometimes use them so I can reach that top shelf
where I keep the hooch.

By the way, they also have an excellent book on propagation.

In the end, the best book will be the one you like. This is all that
matters.

Old 14-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Ricky

"chaz" wrote in message
ink.net...
Does anyone have a recommendation of a really good excyclopedia of house
plants, etc?

Buy a copy of Exotica on e-bay.

Old 14-02-2004, 09:32 PM
chaz

typing in "exotica" brings up all kinds of results, lol, few of which have
anything to do with plants. who is this published by and is there anything
else in the title?

chaz

"Ricky" wrote in message
ink.net...

Old 15-02-2004, 03:32 AM
Ricky

"chaz" wrote in message
nk.net...
typing in "exotica" brings up all kinds of results, lol, few of which have
anything to do with plants. who is this published by and is there anything
else in the title?

Chaz,
I just bought an Exotica 4 on e-bay for $24.50 - it's not as good as the
Exotica 3 that I bought several years ago on e-bay for $99. Hope you weren't
the person I was bidding against.
The author's name is Graf. They pop up on e-bay every couple of weeks.
Keep checking. Yes there are some funny listings for a search of "exotica".

Ricky

Old 15-02-2004, 04:02 AM
chaz

"Ricky" wrote in message
"chaz" wrote in message
nk.net...
typing in "exotica" brings up all kinds of results, lol, few of which

have
anything to do with plants. who is this published by and is there

anything
else in the title?

Chaz,
I just bought an Exotica 4 on e-bay for $24.50 - it's not as good as

the
Exotica 3 that I bought several years ago on e-bay for $99. Hope you

weren't
the person I was bidding against.
The author's name is Graf. They pop up on e-bay every couple of weeks.
Keep checking. Yes there are some funny listings for a search of

"exotica".

Ricky

I was going to bid but you beat me to it, i try not to complicate things
lol.

Whats the difference between the #3 and #4 books?

Old 15-02-2004, 04:42 AM
J Kolenovsky

There are some house plants in this one:
ISBN 0-7894-1943-2
American Horticultural Society
A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants
more than 15,000 plants and 6,000 photos

chaz wrote:
=

Does anyone have a recommendation of a really good excyclopedia of hous=

plants, etc?
=

chaz-

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
Old 15-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Ricky

nk.net...

#3 is a single book, #4 (as I recall) is a 2 book edition. I bought the #4
edition out of curiosity. I use #3 for ID constantly.