Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2004, 10:06 PM
OhSojourner

Default Raspberries

I love raspberries and black raspberries, but unfortunately, my yard has a
history of being occupied by the types of plants you're not supposed to plant
them near (i.e. wild brambles, members of the nightshade family, etc.) In fact,
I bought a pack of 3 last year from Miller Nurseries, but they didn't make it
through the winter (thinking I had covered them over with too much mulch or
something).

From what I understand, the problem is mostly with certain soil-borne viruses
and funguses. And if so, would it be correct in presuming it might still be
possible to grow them successfully if they were planted in containers or raised
beds, using newly purchased, sterile garden mix?

[IMG] code is On

Yields of raspberries and blueberries WCD Edible Gardening 0 14-05-2003 07:44 PM
Asparagus and raspberries..will they coexist? Scott Edible Gardening 1 13-05-2003 12:56 PM
Blueberries and Raspberries Bob Lawns 0 27-04-2003 01:44 PM
Thorn-free raspberries? Minteeleaf Edible Gardening 2 14-02-2003 04:27 PM
How do I grow raspberries and blueberries? lcain Edible Gardening 5 11-02-2003 04:25 AM