Old 08-03-2004, 07:42 AM
Play4aBuck

Default Decisions......decisions.....

Just sharing my thoughts......

A few years ago, I started growing my own vegetable plants from seeds. I
went to the hardware store or nursery and bought what ever they had left
over (always buying late). The first year or two was terrible, the plants
grew leggy (to much fertilizer), or I'd over watered them and then try to
dry them out in the sun (thus burning the plants to near death, and then I'd
over water them again). Well, the past 2 years things have gotten better,
last year I was able to grow enough plants for my garden and two others (I
gave most of my extra plants away).

This year I decided to buy seeds online......boy is this opening up a whole
new can of worms! Just looking at the tomatoes.......you got purple,
yellow, pink, red, black, orange, low-acid, low-water, small, med, big,
heirlooms, hybrids, crossbreeds, early, mid, late, and
indeterminate/determinate!!! (just to mention a few choices.) Life was
much simpler when I'd go buy whatever the local nursery planted that year.
:-) But it's good to have choices, I just never knew I'd have this many.

So far......I have decided to try Early Girl and Brandywine, and probably a
two or three more varieties. I think my garden is getting bigger this year.
:-)

Cheers,
Jim

Old 08-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Cereus-validus

Save yourself the aggravation this year and buy vegetable plants instead.
You really don't need all those extra plants.