Old 04-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Registered User

Location: Kent
Question Plant decisions

Hi there

We are in the process of starting the design of our garden. We have a blank canvas so to speak, and already have purchased some black bamboo.

But we are a bit stumped for ideas being our very first garden. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are keen on modern garden design, using strong and bold architectural plants - could anyone recommend something to accompany our bamboo - we are also getting a dog, so non toxic would be great and hardy is a must.

Our garden is east facing, soil is neutral/alkaline.

We've just had it cleared and this is the blank canvas

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ank-canvas.jpg

This is a rough idea of how it will look:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24.../Garden_01.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24.../Garden_02.jpg

Thanks for your help

x mc