Old 15-03-2004, 01:02 AM
DigitalVinyl

Default EarthBox , watering reservoir questions...?

(New) wrote:

Hello.

I saw an advertisement for The EarthBox and it looks too good to be
true.
For example, I'm wondering if the reservoir holds 2.5 gallons and all
you see on top is that tiny straw, then how long does it take you to
fill the water reservoir? Or do I have to take out all the soil and
plants to refill it.
The website doesn't explain that part.

What do you folks do?

Thanks, new

I'm not sure about the Earthbox product specifically, but typically
there is a spout/opening to simply pour water in, much larger than a
straw. The "straw" you see is probably a water indicator. This is a
very non-technological devices. It is a plastic stick with a piece of
styrofoam stuck on the bottom. The styrofoam floats to the top of the
reservoir's water level, pushing the stick up--and showing water
level. Some units you pour the water over the reservoir meter/stick. I
found these are the least reliable. The styrofoam gets knocked around
and stuck to often suddenly bouncing from empty to over-maximum. Some
have a plastic tube with the stick/styrofoam enclosed and you put it
in like a thermometer. Since it has a tube protecting it from the top
and sides, watering doesn't not the mechanism around.

I'm bought a few models of products with different self-watering
measuring, but they all work on same pricipal.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
2nd year gardener
Old 15-03-2004, 01:13 AM
DigitalVinyl

(New) wrote:

[...]

[IMG] code is On

water, balsas reservoir Toni[_4_] Roses 0 21-11-2007 02:26 PM
Earthbox RP Gardening 0 03-09-2006 03:10 PM
Stopping Leak in Concrete Water Reservoir ?? Edwin Pawlowski Lawns 7 22-03-2005 06:09 AM
Stopping Leak in Concrete Water Reservoir ?? James Lawns 0 21-03-2005 12:04 AM
vacuum cleaner for water (like sludge )reservoir Neonel Ponds 3 07-05-2003 05:20 AM