Old 20-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Quantum Foam Guy

Default Establishing/nurturing a lawn of St Augustine grass

"Felix Karpfen" wrote in message

Given that the combination of drought and watering restrictions have
wiped out the part of my garden that pretended to be a lawn, I am
starting from scratch and will shortly have a lawn of St Augustine grass
installed (as turf).

While St Augustine lawns may be old hat in the southern parts of the US,
it is pioneering in my neck of the woods. Hence any advice|pointers on
the internet on how to look after such a lawn will be gratefully
received.

For the record, we have summers in which the temperatures hover between
85°F and 95°F with little rain and in the winters, the night temperature
drop below freezing very infrequently. And the El Niño has played hell
with our rainfall in the past few years.

St. Augustine needs a lot of water. It likes lots of sun, lots of water, and
warm humid temperatures. Since you are in an area with little summer rain,
you should probably reconsider your decision.