Old 29-03-2004, 02:42 AM
paghat

Default Here's What I've Been Making

I couldn't work on it this week, and need to get some more stacking stones
as I seriously underestimated how many I'd need. But even just partly
done, already it's looking pretty darned nice:
http://www.paghat.com/images/wall-in-progress_mar.jpg

What used to be a narrow steep slope hard to even walk on, with a narrow
garden at the top of the slope & a narrow sidewalk at the bottom, is now a
much bigger (& flat) raised garden area, & flagstone path/patio below.
Even unfinished, Granny Artemis & I have already been sitting on the rock
ledge a lot, as it's very cozy & inviting, so it already seems like it was
a really good project to start in on, & will be a central hang-out spot
around the gardens.

New spots to plant are resulting from the changes. Since snapping this
photo last week I've already moved some little lingonberry bushes into the
raised area, & just today added Corydalis elata, & transplanted Corydalis
"Silver Spectre," but not much new is getting planted this season because
we spent the budget on rocks & bricks. Will be another week before I can
finish it as I've been busting my back for a paid relandscaping gig this
week, & until I get paid can't buy the rest of the stacking bricks.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

Old 29-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Salty Thumb

(paghat) wrote in
news
I couldn't work on it this week, and need to get some more stacking
stones as I seriously underestimated how many I'd need. But even just
partly done, already it's looking pretty darned nice:
http://www.paghat.com/images/wall-in-progress_mar.jpg

It looks excellent. I especially like how you balanced the large piece at
the crest of that section in the wall. A very inviting place to sit down
and rest your feet!
Old 29-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Beecrofter

(paghat) wrote in message ...
[...]

If you are anything like me you will lay the last stone and then look
back and want to change them around.
Check out "Nobedan" on the web it may give you a few more ideas.
Nice rocks- my back is out so no rocks for me this week.